Q26. What is the ettiquette of giving Sadaqah?
Etiquette of Giving Sadaqah
- Islam has recommended that its followers give Sadaqah. Sadaqah is to be given from one’s lawful (Halal) earnings because Allah does not accept Sadaqah if it is given from what is unlawful (Haram).
- There is no limit on the amount to be donated as Sadaqah. It is up to the generosity of the individual to set a limit.
- Sadaqah is to be given with utmost humility. In order to get the rewards of Sadaqah from Allah, the donor is required to avoid making a showoff his generosity.
- Sadaqah can be given to any deserving person – Muslim or non- Muslim.
- Precedence is given first to one’s needy dependents, relatives, and then to other needy people.
- The beneficiary of the good deed (Sadaqah) is recommended to thank the person for his good deed.